The 10

The 10 ? The best or the name?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Oh... my teeth are "cleaned" !!

A friend daughter, Steph is currently at her final year in Dental Hygiene course.

To graduate, she needs 30, "white rat", in human body, to perform the cleaning and graded my her instructor. It is like a long long 4 months final exam. I don't think I can deal with it.

I volunteered to be one of the white rats. The total elapse time was 2 months. First she will do the accessment, ie. how bad is my dental hygiene condition. If she passed that assesment, then she will give me a report on what she will do. Again if she passed, then she will perform her "skill" on this white rat.

When I arrived at the clinic, I was extremely impressed to see so many "dental chair" and partitioned inside small cubical. All the white rat where sitting inside the cubical ready to be "worked on".

Well, I was one of them.

Do a fast forward to the most recent event. I was rated as "extreme difficulty", because, I don't think in the past 55 years, I have ever got my tooth clean.
The comment from their god - the instructor who has the power to pass or fail them - that I am an extremely valuable learning and practice rat for Steph to learn. Not too many white rat will have this type of tooth condition !! I felt honored.

The cleaning process was more than pleasant. The way she worked on my teeth is similar to I was doing the spring gardening. Push and racking the ground to remove the weeds. In this case, she is using the scalper to scalp away my accumulate calcite. Luckily she was allow to use the sonic cleaner which cheap away the calculas, that is term, not calcite, which I constantly refer to..

I told Steph that I got free facial shower with the water from her sonic tool. While she was scalping away, one of mmy biggest fear was - Please, please, don't pull out my tooth. I don't want to be a toothless old man like one I saw in National Georgraphy photo. Fortunately, my pleadge to highest authority, my Buddha, come true. I still have my teeth and yet, cleaner, not sure will be healthier

Stpeh told me that my tooth condition is so bad that she taught the calculas was part of my teeth and until the sonic broke it apart.

Woow - that is impressive!!

To prove her point, the last session, she show me a large chunk... well, not to my standard.. it is just tiny biny piece. It is just a matter of reference point. To me, "so what", to her, "wow, this is the largest piece I have ever seen".

Looking at that my "large" chunk of calculas, immediately I thought of time travel and technology. This piece of tiny biny calculas has 55 years of my life in it. If I can use some form of time machine to cycle it back, might be it will have the record of my whole life history. Isn't that will be wonder. I was real excited and dooze away while she worked further on the tooth

When I woke up, I asked, where is my "history". Her reply, "Oh,, I threw it away, or wash it down the sink" ... Oh, my god, she just flushed away my 55 years!!

I was taught how to brush my teeth properly. I suppose to vibrate it at the gum junction and then push down and pull up, to remove the yunk.
OK, to be good student, I tried it at home. Immediately I realize why no body did it. It is near impossible to do that. It is not a cleaning teeth but a major writst work out exercise for me.
Right away, WalMart comes to rescue. I bought a Baune electric tooth brush which will vibrate and I think I am in control

At the final session, I was advised that I have to go to visit dental hyginest every 3 months. Wow, is that a marketiing scheme or what !! Of course, I said yes so the poor girl will pass her exam

At last, I am proud, this white rat has fulfilled his duty, one down, Steph has 29 more to go.

OK, final confession, will I go to dental hyginest in every 3 month period. Probably not.

This is my rationalization, of course, more on laziness than anything else.
If I can last 55 years to have this done once. And if I don't I will live pass 70, then it is only about 15 more years to go, which is less than half of 55. So why don't I just take the chance and let mother nature takes it course.
If they don't like the color of my teeth when I die, then they can do it on me when I lay in my coffin. I don't care. I am dead. At least I don't have to go through the fun of "sonic chisel".

Luckily not too many people share my view, otherwise, the poor hyginest will extinct like dianausor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home