The 10

The 10 ? The best or the name?

Thursday, March 24, 2005

2006/2007 Travel Plan - round the world

This is my round the world grand tour year draft.
It will take about 2 years 2006/2007

By then I will be 56. Still have enough strength and energy
The plan is slowly formalized and I have to finalize it by Oct 2005.
It all depends on how to deal with the winter session in the southern hemispher.
The traveling will be slow, not hoping from town to town daily. I will rent an apartment at each stretigic location, use it as base and explore the surrounding.

Will find out any old TI, Poly or Ex EMMS friend will join me in my venture?
Target to leave in fall session.

Feb 2006 (Fall in Peru or Chili) 2-3 weeks
Fly to Peru, visit the Mono Pocho ruin, climb the Indies

March - April (2+ months) New Zealand
Rent an apartment in North Island for 1 month and do the same for South Island. Rent a Motor Home to tour the place. In between will spend about 1 month travelling the island.

May/ June (45-60 days)- Grand tour of Australia.
Drive the big loop, Starting at Syndey, South to Melbourn, west to Perth and north to Darwing and back to Sydney.

July 1 month at Tasmania
Stay at apartment and hike the mountain and trail etc

August 2 - 3 week - Melbourne
Stay and getting to know my niece.
Take the outback train from South to North. then return. To Experience the Outback. Then take the Outback train to Perth

Sept/Dec - Perth. rent an apartment. closer to youngest sister family. No I will not live in their house. I need my own space
Use Perth as base, fly out to New Guinea check out the primitive life
Spend Christmas with the family

Jan/Feb 2 months Malaysia/Singapore
Stay in one of the town in Malaysia, rent an apartment. Drive the east coast. and drive throught the primitive jungle. Visit old friends.
A friend invited me to stay at his resort in Cameron for 2 weeks - sound like great idea
Spend Chinese new year

Mar/Jun 4 month Thailand (Songkla, Chengmai)
Visit my motherland. Make connection for my foundation work. Visit those place that I will donate. Identify the people, process and mechanism and legaly system for the foundation. Do nothing at Songkha seaside. Relearn the language

Jul 1 month Nepal/Tibet -
hike the mountain and also take the tour into China Tibet.

Aug/Sep (2 month) Middle East - Turkey, Israel, Egypt
Jerusallem and Egypt Pyramid e

Oct - 1 month Kenya/South Africa
Safari tour and climb the high mt

Nov (1 month) Ireland - a general tour

Dec - return to Toronto..


For those friend who read this journaland who know me and love to travel, if you want to join me in part of trip, let me know. No promise that I will take you because traveling need matching character. Let us talk and see if we can be a mutual good travel partner. Send me email

I love any suggestion on where I should visit.
Please don't suggest any cities. I don't care for that. However, if there is an interesting historical site or natural place, I will visit. Or great trail or adventure to take

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home