The 10

The 10 ? The best or the name?

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Swiss Hiking Travel Planing

Travel planing is half the fun of travel.
I picked up a book "Walking Switzerland" by Marcia and Philip Liberman. It fires up my hiking inspiration.

It is a completely ad hoc travel idea with no master of any language. I plan to rent an apartment from local and stay at the mountain area and hike for a weeks. How to start around it, when, where etc are the questions I am facing with.

Thanks to the wonderful world of Internet. It makes life so much easy to do research. Withing 24 hours of forming the idea, I have read many nice thing about Swiss from the net.

The trip to New Orleans helps to better understanding the nature of self-organized tour. The New Orleans trip has it own special experience. It is the first time that I travel to a US city without having my own transportation - either my own or rental. I depends 100% of public transportation - taxi, bus, coach etc. This will help to set my expectation when I visited Europe.

So far, the planing of the European has been very interesting. In addition I have recruited another friend who will share my crazy idea to hike the Alps.

End of Part 1 - of endless Journal till the trip done..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home