The 10

The 10 ? The best or the name?

Monday, March 21, 2005

Ball Room Dance

Again, I am taking up ball room dance at 55.. woow.. retiring is definitely full off fun.

In 2003, I took the lesson on the dance and the instructor is a pro dance but poor teacher. He did not realize that students have many difficulty to overcome and he expected us to perform like him immediately, even though we had difficulty to understand the step sequence.

This time, we have a fantastic instructor. Mona is teaching us for the fun sake and she is not pro dance but definite a pro teacher.

She understands the needs of students. She let us practise the step routine over and over again like what we saw in the movie the ballaie school where students repeats the step over and over again.

In 2 lessons, I have better confidence of slow slow, quick quick tango dance step
We learned the Walk... The Open, The Stand and the Rock...

Of course, we learned the mechanic now we have to learn the artistic part. It is where the beauty of dance shows.

It is so interesting to see how stiff people are. How people are so worry about showing mistake and not too many people volunteer to show their weakness

I asked Mona to switch partner so that the husband and wife does not have to be in the same team for long time. I see conflict between husband and wife interesting to see how people are conflict over the exercise .. wow ... where is the synergy and love?
Isn't dance suppose to be the expression of love and fun? Why the team are so tight?
.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger temple said...

are u still having ballroom dance ?

pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home