The 10

The 10 ? The best or the name?

Monday, March 21, 2005

Down Hill Skiing

I re-learned the lesson on how to down hill ski on 19-Mar-2005. We went to the ski hill near Pickering about 120km from home.

I rented the equipment for $60 for the whole day. Interesting that I have to wear size 12 booth to be comfortable. It is so important that one must wear the right shoe. I don't have any blister on my toe and leg. That is a good choice. Even though my feet is size 9.5.
Shoe size is another topic that I will talk about later

This site is very nice. It has a very gentle slope about 45 to 60 degree the most. The grip elevator is great that I just step on it and up we go. It takes about 5 minutes or less to reach the top.

Johnson taught me how to control the speed and stop. That is the most valuable lesson I learned today.

I was able to ski down the slop without fear of not able to stop. I practiced over and over again from 10am till 5pm with an hour lunch break.
Once I command the technique of controlling the speed and able to stop. Ials learn on how to control my direction by apply the weight on the leg and body swing . I was able to turn to the direction I want.

Later part of the day, I increase the speed of down hill and ski that and I was able to turn and make the full u shape turn at end of trail to the elevator.

The only time I fall is when Johnson taught me on how to do a u stop. It was an unfortunate fall and I have difficult time to stand up.

Hulleh... I have conquered the down hill skiing techquie

The downhill ski is very different from the cross country which demands stamina. Downhill demands the confidence of self and also the quick action of body change to meet the demand of speed.

Next year, I will go on the higher hill ...

Time to buy my own ski set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home